Auction Terms & Conditions
Termes et conditions
La reproduction et/ou la distribution ainsi que l'utilisation de ces termes et conditions constitue une violation de la propriété d'Encans Phoenix Inc. L'entreprises et/ou ses administrateurs se réserve le droit d'exercer les recours légaux en cas d'utilisation de ces éléments sans avoir préalablement obtenu un consentement écrit de l'entreprise.
1. Encans Phoenix Inc déclare que la société peut agir à titre de maison d'encan à titre de mandataire des tiers et ne peut en aucun cas être considéré un expert sur les lots à vendre, mais comme une société professionnelle en charge de tenir les enchères selon les règles de l'Art, de bienséance et s'assurer de l'intégrité des transactions.
2. L’acheteur reconnaît par ses mises, être satisfait des renseignements reçus sur place ou par le biais du site internet live.encansphoenix.com et/ou ses sites affilités s’il y a lieu. L’acheteur reconnaît qu’il est possible qu’il ait des défauts cachés, il accepte par conséquent les particularités propres à la « vente aux enchères », sachant que les items sont parfois usagés. Il s’en déclare entièrement satisfait et achète à ses risques et assume le fait qu’il n’y ait aucune garantie sur ses achats. L’acheteur admet qu’il a posé toutes les questions jugées nécessaires Encans Phoenix Inc relativement aux procédures de la vente et ce plus particulièrement pour les items convoités et déclare que le tout est à son entière satisfaction.
3. L’acheteur reconnaît qu’il n’y a pas eu de négociation de prix au préalable, le prix offert est fait librement et a son entière satisfaction en toute connaissance de cause.
4. L’acheteur reconnaît avoir examiné lui-même les items convoités et/ou l’avoir fait examiner par un autre expert à sa satisfaction au besoin et accepte tous les vices vus et non vus et déclare qu’il fera une offre en conséquence en toute connaissance de cause.
5. L’acheteur reconnaît que la totalité des termes et conditions de vente fait partie intégrante du contrat de vente et exonère les consignataires et Encans Phoenix Inc de toute responsabilité et renonce à tout recours contre eux ou ses sociétés affiliées.
6. Encans Phoenix Inc s'engage à offrir le plus de modalités de paiement possible à l'acheteur toutefois celui-ci assume que certains modes de paiements pourraient lui être refusés compte-tenu de la nature même des "enchères sur Internet".
7. Les frais d’encans (frais à l'acheteur) sont de 10%. Ces frais ne sont applicable seulements sur les items remportés et dont la mise dépassait le montant de la "Réserve", le cas échéant.
8. Lorsqu’un lot est vendu, l’acheteur en devient le seul responsable.
9. Toute enchère est considérée légale et irrévocable: aucune ne peut être annulée pour raison de mauvaise description, de l’état, de défectuosité, d’application ou d’utilité de quelque façon que ce soit ou pour toutes autres raisons.
10. Encans Phoenix Inc, ses sociétés affiliées et ses dirigeants s'engagent à ne pas surenchérir sur les lots mis en vente sauf dans le cas où ces derniers souhaitent légitimement acquérir les dits lots. Dans cette éventualité, les frais d'encan applicable devront être défrayés.
11. Advenant le cas où un consignataire ferait utilisation de quelconque stratagème pour faire augmenter les mises sur l'un où l'autre de ses items, celui-ci pourrait voir son ou ses items retirés de l'enchère et faire face à une pénalité de 25% sur l'évaluation la plus haute faite par Encans Phoenix Inc ou une tierce partie. Les consignataires (vendeurs) conservent le droit de surenchérir ou mettre une mise à prix sur leurs items uniquement dans l'éventualité où ils désirent, en cours d'encan, retirer leurs biens de la vente. Des frais de 25% seront appliqués et le consignataire se verra facturer son item en plus des frais d'encan applicable.
12. Encans Phoenix Inc peut retirer, omettre ou ajouter tout lot à la vente, ce à tout moment.
13. Advenant un malentendu, Encans Phoenix Inc peut remettre immédiatement en vente tout lot faisant l’objet dudit malentendu, l’acheteur s’en remet à la décision finale de Encans Phoenix Inc.
14. Ni Encans Phoenix Inc, ni les consignataires ne sont responsables des erreurs ou des omissions dans la description, cette dernière ne constitue qu’un guide seulement. L’acheteur se fie à ses connaissances, à son examen des items convoité et à son jugement.
15. Toutes les descriptions quant à la condition, l’état, le bon fonctionnement ou l’année de fabrication de chaque item ou lot n’est en aucune façon une garantie réelle ou implicite, les marchandises étant vendues lot par lot tel que vu sur place aux risques et périls de l’acheteur, a moins de spécification contraire.
16. Aucune réclamation ne pourra être faite après l’adjudication d’un lot. La manutention, le chargement, le transport, le reconditionnement, l’usage, la disposition, la possession de toute autre utilisation deviennent la seule et unique responsabilité de l’acheteur dès l’adjudication.
17. Aucun acheteur ne pourra récupérer qu’une partie des lots achetés, tous les lots achetés sont considérés comme étant un seul et unique achat « en bloc » et tous les dépôts sont applicables «en bloc» à l’ensemble « en bloc » des achats et non sur un lot en particulier.
18. L’acheteur doit prendre possession de ses biens à ses propres frais, risques et responsabilités dans le (21) jour ouvrable suivant l’adjudication. Passé ce délai, des frais de 2$ par jour, par item seront applicables si l'item ou le lot avait été payé. Dans l'alternative, l'item ou le lot sera remis en vente et une cotation négative pourra être faite envers l'acheteur sur la plateforme d'enchères électronique affectant son "score" d'enchérisseur.
19. Tout dépôt sera retenu ou saisi par Encans Phoenix Inc si le solde dû sur l’ensemble de tout achat n’est pas payé dans le 21e jour ouvrable suivant la vente. Si l’acheteur, dans le délai prescrit refuse de prendre possession de la totalité de ses achats, déclinant par ce fait même tout droit de propriété, EncansPhoenix Inc en conservera le droit total de possession. Encans Phoenix Inc pourra à sa discrétion, remiser, disposer ou revendre ces biens sans avis a l’acheteur et si le produit net de la revente est inférieur au prix offert originalement par l’acheteur, ce dernier en sera tenu responsable et devra, sur demande, payer tout déficit encouru sans aucun protêt, plus les intérêts, les frais et les dommages-intérêts selon les dispositions de l’article 1765 du Code civil du Québec.
20. Advenant l’impossibilité de livrer tout lot à cause d’incendie, de vol, liens, saisies, hypothèques, actes de fiducie ou toute autre raison résultant de ce cas fortuit, le dépôt donné par l’acheteur lui sera remis, et ce, sans aucune responsabilité ou autres recours contre Encans Phoenix Inc ou les mandants.
21. Encans Phoenix Inc d’émettre un numéro d’acheteur-enchérisseur à toute personne ou annuler celui-ci à tout moment.
22. L’acheteur qui, par maladresse ou accident, cause des dommages à ses propres biens ou à ceux d’autres partis, de même qu’aux bâtiments, autres dépendances ou terrains, en est responsable.
23. Les prix de vente sont enregistrés pour toute référence.
24. Encans Phoenix ne donne aucune garantie prévue par la Loi sur la Protection du consommateur et l’acheteur y consent librement.
25. L’acheteur renonce à la garantie légale du vendeur contre les défauts cachés, et plus spécifiquement aux dispositions des articles 1726 et suivants du Code civil du Québec.
26. Sans restreindre les termes et conditions susmentionnées, Encans Phoenix Inc se réserve tous les autres recours permis par la loi.
Terms and conditions
Reproduction and / or distribution and use of these terms and conditions constitutes a breach of the property of Encans Phoenix Inc. The Company and / or its directors reserves the right to exercise legal remedies in the event use of these elements without prior written consent from the company.
1. Phoenix Auctions Inc. declares that the Company may act as an auction house as an agent for third parties and may in no circumstances be considered an expert on the lots to be sold but as a professional corporation in charge of auctions according to the rules of art, decency and ensure the integrity of transactions.
2. The buyer acknowledges by his bids, to be satisfied with the information received on the spot or through the website live.encansphoenix.com and / or its subsidiaries sites if necessary. The purchaser acknowledges that it is possible that it has hidden defects and therefore accepts the peculiarities of the "auction", knowing that the items are sometimes used. He declares himself completely satisfied and buys at his risk and assumes the fact that there is no guarantee on his purchases. The buyer acknowledges that he has posed all the questions deemed necessary to Encans Phoenix Inc with respect to the sales procedures, and in particular for the coveted items and declares that the whole is to his complete satisfaction.
3. The buyer acknowledges that there has been no price negotiation in advance, the price offered is done freely and is fully satisfied in full knowledge of the facts.
4. The Purchaser acknowledges that he / she has examined the coveted items himself / herself and / or has had it examined by another expert to his satisfaction if necessary and accepts any defects seen and not seen and declares that he will make an offer accordingly Knowingly.
5. The purchaser acknowledges that all terms and conditions of sale are an integral part of the contract of sale and exempts consignees and Encans Phoenix Inc from any liability and waives any recourse against them or its affiliates.
6. Phoenix Auctions Inc is committed to offering as many payment options as possible to the buyer, however, the buyer assumes that certain payment methods may be denied to him, given the nature of the "Internet auctions".
7. Auction expenses (fees to the buyer) are 10%. These fees are applicable only to items won and exceeded the "Reserve" amount, if applicable.
8. When a lot is sold, the buyer is solely responsible for it.
9. Any bid is considered legal and irrevocable: none can be canceled due to misrepresentation, condition, defect, application or utility in any way or for any other reason.
10. Phoenix Inc, its affiliates and its officers agree not to outbid the lots offered for sale except where the latter legitimately wish to acquire the said lots. In this event, the applicable auction fees will be paid.
11. If a consignee use any stratagem to increase the bets on one of their own items, the consignee may see his item(s) removed from the auction and face a penalty of 25% on the highest valuation made by Phoenix Auctions Inc. or a third party. Consignees (sellers) retain the right to place bids on their items only in the event that they wish, during the auction, to withdraw their goods from the sale. A 25% fee will be applied and the consignee will be charged their item in addition to the applicable auction fee.
12. Phoenix Auctions Inc. may remove, omit or add any lot to the sale at any time.
13. In the event of any misunderstanding, Phoenix Inc Inc. may immediately resell any lot that is the subject of the said misunderstanding, the buyer deferred to the final decision of Encans Phoenix Inc.
14. Neither Phoenix Inc Inc., nor the consignees are responsible for any errors or omissions in the description, which is a guide only. The purchaser relies on his / her knowledge, his / her examination of the items coveted and his / her judgment.
15. All descriptions as to condition, condition, functioning or year of manufacture of each item or lot are in no way a guarantee or implied, the goods being sold lot by lot as seen on the spot at the buyer's own risk, unless otherwise specified.
16. No claim may be made after the award of a prize. Handling, loading, transport, repackaging, use, disposal and possession of any other use shall become the buyer's sole and exclusive liability upon the award of the contract.
17. No purchaser may recover part of the purchased lots, all purchased lots are considered to be a single bulk purchase and all deposits are "bulk" to the "bulk" package of purchases and not on a particular lot.
18. The purchaser must take possession of his property at his own expense, risk and liability within the twenty-(21) business day following the auction. After this time, a fee of $ 2 per day per item will be applicable if the item or lot has been paid. Alternatively, the item or lot will be put up for sale and a negative rating may be made to the buyer on the electronic auction platform affecting his "score" of bidder.
19. Any deposit will be withheld or seized by Encans Phoenix Inc. if the balance owing on the whole of any purchase is not paid within the 21st business day following the sale. If the purchaser, within the prescribed period refuses to take possession of all his purchases, thereby declining any right of ownership, EncansPhoenix Inc will retain the full right of possession. Phoenix Inc may, at its discretion, store, dispose or resell such property without notice to the purchaser and if the net proceeds of the resale is less than the price originally offered by the purchaser, the buyer shall be held liable and shall, claim, pay any deficit incurred without protest, plus interest, costs and damages in accordance with the provisions of article 1765 of the Civil Code of Québec.
20. Should the buyer fail to deliver any batch due to fire, theft, ties, seizures, mortgages, trust deeds or any other reason arising out of this accident, without any liability or other remedy against Phoenix Encans or the principals.
21. Phoenix Auctions Inc. will issue a Buyer-Bidder number to any person or cancel it at any time.
22. A purchaser who, by mistake or accident, causes damage to his own property or to property of other parties, as well as to buildings, other outbuildings or lands, is liable.
23. Sales prices are recorded for all references.
24. Phoenix Auctions Inc does not give any warranty under the Consumer Protection Act and the purchaser freely agrees to do so.
25. The buyer waives the seller's legal warranty against hidden defects, and more specifically the provisions of articles 1726 et seq. Of the Civil Code of Québec.
26. Without limiting the foregoing, Phoenix Inc Inc. reserves all other remedies permitted by law.
Sebae Data Solutions, Inc.
SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Sebae Data Solutions, (the makers of Auction Flex & HiBid (formerly Bidopia) hereafter referred to as "Sebae"), provides its service to you, subject to the following Terms & Conditions ("TAC"), which we may update from time to time without notice to you. The most current version of the TAC can be found found at any time by visiting the link: http://www.auctionflex.com/showtandc.ap
USE AND REGISTRATION
Our services are available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or to temporarily or indefinitely suspended members. If you are under the age of 18, you can use this service only in conjunction with, and under the supervision of your parents or guardians. If you do not qualify, please do not use our service. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind the entity to the TAC.
In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Bidder Information") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Sebae has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Sebae has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
DESCRIPTIONS OF SERVICE
Sebae provides the following services under the Auction Flex & HiBid trademarks: Integrated Web Service (for auctioneers), internet bidding (absentee, online-only, & webcast). You can learn more about these services in the following sections.
HIBID INTERNET AUCTION PLATFORM & WEB SERVICE DESCRIPTION
Sebae provides the HiBid (formerly Bidopia) Internet Auction Platform & Web Service ("HWS") under the HiBid trademark as a software solution for auctioneers wishing to extend the audience of their live auctions to the internet. The HWS provides various features including internet absentee bidding, internet-only auctions, and webcast auctions.
The HWS is able to changes its appearance to coincide with the website that it is powering. Accordingly, the HWS powers the www.hibid.com website as well as numerous Auction Flex customer websites. This ability to change appearance is a feature of the HWS. Much like internet merchant account providers can host a secure web page for a vendor to easily process payments, the HWS hosts certain portions of the auctioneer's website to easily enable advanced features such as internet bidding.
INTERNET ABSENTEE BIDDING
Internet absentee bidding allows you to place a bid for an item in advance of an auction. This allows you to place bids on lots without actually attending the auction.
Internet only bidding allows you to place a bid for an item prior to the auction lot closing online. In an internet-only auction there is no live auction.
Webcast auctions allow you to bid in real-time against other bidders or place pre-bids prior to a lot going "live".
Lots are sold in accordance with the Auctioneer's terms and conditions which are accessible from each lot's page. It is your responsibility to read and accept the Auctioneer's terms and conditions prior to placing your bid.
When you place a bid you are agreeing to be bound by the Auctioneer's & Sebae's terms and conditions. By placing a bid you are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract. Please keep in mind that you are bidding against other internet bidders as well as floor bidders, phone bidders, and regular absentee bidders (this list does not constitute a complete list of bidder types but does highlight the common bidder channels).
The auctioneer, at their discretion, can approve or deny bidders. The auctioneer reserves the right to accept or deny bidders for any reason. Prior to approval the auctioneer may contact you to determine your credit worthiness. If the auctioneer approves your bid, the auctioneer will then process your bid in accordance with their terms and conditions.
Should your bid for a lot prove successful, the auctioneer may contact you to arrange for payment & shipping (if applicable). If the auctioneer required registration via a credit card, the auctioneer reserves the right to process your winning bids to the credit card provided during registration.
Sebae, through the Auction Flex & HiBid products & services, facilitates the internet bidding process between the Auctioneer & the bidder. Sebae is in no way a party to the transaction. Because Sebae is not a party to the transaction, you accept that you will have no claim or cause of action against Sebae in respect of the sale (or non-sale) of any Lot. If you have a dispute with an Auctioneer or another user of the Service with regard to the sale (or non-sale) of any Lot you agree that Sebae, its officers, agents, employees will not be liable for losses (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, special loss, indirect loss and consequential los), costs, damages, liabilities, claims, demands and expenses of any kind arising out of or connected with such dispute. You also accept that none of the aforementioned are under any obligation to take any action to resolve any dispute between you and an Auctioneer
Sebae is not responsible for any typographical, pictorial or technical errors in information about Lots on the Site as provided by Auctioneers. Sebae does not evaluate Lots and does not act as a specialist or expert on any related subject matter. Sebae makes no warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to Lots (including but not limited to representations or warranties as to the accuracy of description, genuineness, quality, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin or safety). If you have any questions, e-mail the Auctioneer directly. In particular, make sure that you understand the Auctioneer's payment terms and shipping terms.
The Service requires you to login with your username and password prior to placing a bid on a Lot. Making bids with false information or with stolen credit card information is prohibited and illegal.
Your user name and password are required in order to place internet bids. Making bids in a false name or with an invalid or stolen credit card is prohibited. Each bid carries the computer coding of the Internet provider which allows the individual user to be traced and Sebae may at its discretion release this information to enable legal action to be taken. Sebae may, in its entire discretion, refuse or remove bids where it suspects that bids contravene this prohibition. By placing a bid, you are making a binding and irrevocable offer to purchase the Item at any price up to the maximum bid amount you submit. If you win, you must complete the transaction, subject to any contractual right or other right at law to rescind the contract in certain circumstances. Failure to complete transaction without lawful reason is not only a breach of your contract with the Seller but also a breach of this User Agreement.
The amount bid can be increased but cannot be decreased. The auctioneer may, at their discretion, allow you to withdraw and resubmit a bid in the case of bids containing an obvious typographical error. You may forward a request to withdraw a bid and resubmit a correct bid by immediately sending an email to the auctioneer, however, there is no guarantee that any bid will be withdrawn. Although Sebae will use best efforts to forward all bids, Sebae does not accept any responsibility for lost bids or problems with the recipient auctioneer's ability to process your bid. Moreover, Sebae cannot guarantee that bids received will be processed by the individual auctioneers.
Please note that Sebae's role is limited to the provision of the Site for dissemination and publication of information provided by the Sellers.
THE WINNING BID
The winning bid in an auction will be the highest bid that exceeds any reserve (if a reserve exists). In the case of equal bids, the earliest bid received will be the winning bid. If a higher bid is subsequently withdrawn or removed then the auctioneer shall have the right to accept the next highest bid.
NOTICE OF END OF SALE, PAYMENT & SHIPPING
After the sale has ended, the auctioneer will notify the winning bidder via phone, fax or mail that they have won. If you do not receive notice that you have made the winning bid and think that you are the top bidder, you should check with the auctioneer directly. You will make all payment for Items to the auctioneer in accordance with their terms and conditions.
BUYER'S PREMIUM, TAXES AND DUTIES
If you are a successful bidder, you are responsible for paying any buyer's premium, taxes and duties (including any VAT, sales tax and import duties) that may be imposed on the final price paid for an Item. Accordingly, it is your responsibility to check the applicable taxes and duties that may be imposed on an Item prior to bidding for it.
All material and content as provided by the Service is protected by copyright and similar rights. You can not use or make available any of that material for any commercial purpose.
SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
You expressly understand and agree that:
a. Your use of the service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Sebae expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
b. Sebae makes no warranty that (i) the service will meet your requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
c. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
d. no advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Sebae or through or from the service shall create any warranty not expressly state in the TAC.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You expressly understand and agree that Sebae shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Sebae has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the service.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations of of the previous two sections titled 'Disclaimer of Warranties' and 'Limitation of Liability' may not apply to you.
You agree to indemnify and hold Sebae harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and your bidding on, listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of items.
The TAC constitute the entire agreement between you and Sebae and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Sebae. The TAC and the relationship between you and Sebae shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and Sebae agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Marion, Florida. The failure of Sebae to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TAC shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TAC is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TAC remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TAC must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.